Welcome to esure, the best place to be for a great career.
Our mission is simple: We aim to make esure a great place to work for our people and provide the very best service to our customers.See all our jobs
Life at esure
Our customers really matter to us and doing a great job for them is what esure is all about. We believe happy, motivated employees will do the right thing for our customers so we go the extra mile to make esure a great place to work. We encourage people to be themselves and thrive on giving them the opportunity to make a difference everyday.
Platform Services Engineer (Data and Platform)
esure are recruiting for a Platform Services Engineer to Design, develop, implement, manage and administer core platform services components and tooling that is required by Solution Delivery Areas to build and deliver change initiatives. Provide Environment provisioning and support Release, Build, configuration and deployment services to Solution Delivery areas. Work closely with Solution Delivery areas and Platform Support area to facilitate effective change
This role will be based in our Reigate office.
- Act as a trusted advisor and be required to build relationships, exceed champion best working practices and identify areas for improvement with regards to Platform Services and Tooling.
- Ensure that there is a proactive approach embedded for environment provisioning, maintenance and support.
- Work closely with Solution Delivery Areas to both foster innovation but maintain consistency and standards.
- Design, implement and support core tooling and services platforms for consumption by Solution Delivery areas including JIRA, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, GIT.
- Provide both in-hours and out-of hours support required to service need of Solution Delivery areas and for implementation of changes.
- Work with Solution Delivery areas to identify and implement opportunities for self service and autonomous release activity.
- Ensure, through timely and accurate reporting, that the Solution Delivery Areas are aware of all changes that have been implemented in Production and the actions that are required in order to reflect these changes within their development environments..
- Actively seek ways of improving procedures/processes associated with Environment, Release and Software Configuration Management with respect to reducing both manual effort required and the potential for errors.
- Deploy software to and maintain multiple environments from Development through Production.
- Provision environments and perform initial configuration for change initiatives.
- Work to instil DevOps mentality and best practices throughout the development cycle.
- Provide cover, maintain Production service availability and ensure key task and change deliverables are maintained and advanced in the absence of the Team Leader.
Finance Business Partner (IT & Change)
esure are recruiting for a senior member of the Finance function, acting as the key Finance contact for the assigned business area(s), with a particular focus for this role on the IT function and Project Management Office.
- Produce and consolidate detailed annual budgets/plans and monthly reforecasts predominantly for the IT function, Project Management Office and Head of Change, and including operational expenditure and capital investments.
- Develop analysis to support plans, including scenario and what-if analysis.
- Work with Heads of Departments to produce/develop variance analysis and MI to understand the key drivers of the result and track overall performance against plan.
- Undertake and present ad-hoc analysis to meet evolving business requirements and to support the COO and the Group Executive Committee in evaluation of operational performance and the impact of different operational initiatives.
- Provide financial expertise in the undertaking of capital investment appraisals and cost benefit analysis (CBAs) for major projects, assist the Executive in project prioritisation through review and challenge of plans, and ensure post implementation benefit realisation is accurately tracked and reflected in wider financial plans.
- Work closely with the Corporate Planning Team to feed assumptions into the overall Group budgets/plans and provide requested analysis and commentary for presentation to the Group Board.
- Provide input to the Financial Reporting Team for associated activities including monthly accruals and provisions, capitalisation of development costs, reconciliations, and preparation of monthly reports.
- Highlight developing trends and variances to forecast to senior management to ensure informed decisions can be made.
Marketing Manager (Home)
esure are recruiting for a Marketing Manager to be responsible for developing and implementing the marketing plan to achieve significant new customer growth channels.
- Managing and optimising the marketing plan and budget to achieve the maximum ROI.
- At the forefront of developments in digital marketing and will provide innovative and insightful ways to improve the marketing plan.
- Integrate with and implement offline marketing such as press, DM & product promotions.
- Own the implementation of regulatory and product changes across all acquisition touch points.
- Ensure that all marketing material adheres to the TCF and Financial Promotions regulations.
- Make recommendations based on own judgment to deliver customer centric marketing plans & maximize ROI.
- Act as the voice of the customer in all instances to ensure that customers are at the forefront of our decisions and flag where it is felt plans will be at the detriment to customers.
- Make decisions based on own judgment where conflict in budgets or priorities occur and escalate these when necessary.
We are can-do, supportive, straightforward and transparent. We are esure
esure is a UK based personal lines insurer. We employ around 2000 people across four offices and our brands alongside esure include Sheilas Wheels and Gocompare. This website tells you all you need to know about what its like to work at esure and what makes us and our culture special. You can find out more about which roles we have available and also hear from some of our people about working for us.Find out more