Welcome to esure, the best place to be for a great career.
Our mission is simple: We aim to make esure a great place to work for our people and provide the very best service to our customers.See all our jobs
Life at esure
Our customers really matter to us and doing a great job for them is what esure is all about. We believe happy, motivated employees will do the right thing for our customers so we go the extra mile to make esure a great place to work. We encourage people to be themselves and thrive on giving them the opportunity to make a difference everyday.
esure has entered into a large scale digital transformation and they’re taking a new journey as a business and also from a technology perspective. They are in the process of moving towards an API based approach with new front-end technologies while also adopting agile throughout the business.
We are looking for an experienced IT Delivery Manager to join our busy Solution Delivery team. The successful applicant will be accountable for the delivery of multiple projects from Discovery through to Implementation.
You will be a team player with a flexible ‘can do’ attitude, able to adapt quickly to changes of direction when needed and demonstrate experience of using Scrum, Kanban and Waterfall methodologies or combination of to successfully deliver value in a customer focussed, digital financial services environment.
To be successful in the role you will be dynamic, a team player and have excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal. An eye for detail and continuous robust planning is part of your DNA. In addition to supplier management you are a natural at managing a broad range of business and IT stakeholders up to and including Executive level.
You must be financially astute and experienced in working alongside the Finance Business partner ensuring projects are accurately budgeted, forecasted with actual position reported up to Group Executive monthly.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to be part of a great and fast growing business that really is embracing Digital Transformation? Are you looking for a new challenge and ready to hit the ground running? Yes? We look forward to hearing from you.
The role will be based in our Reigate office and will require occasional travel to our Glasgow and Manchester offices.
Technical Motor Underwriter (FTC)
esure are recruiting for a Technical Motor Underwriter. This role is a Fixed Term Contract of up to 12 months.
The individual will provide underwriting support for all motor products and to all business areas across all sites.
- Maintaining an appropriate underwriting “footprint” via appropriate pricing, aggregator filters, underwriting rules etc. in line with loss ratio targets.
- Maintain appropriate referral rules on SIRA, TIA and Jrules.
- Ensure Jrules changes are made with appropriate audit trail.
- Providing technical input into the motor underwriting and process guides.
- Identify and progress resolution of underwriting related system bugs and required enhancements.
- Help manage the Re-Insurance renewal process by collection of required data for questionnaire and presentations from internal stakeholders.
- Maintenance of spreadsheet and recording of data while acting as a point of contact for our broker and internal stakeholders.
- Attend relationship and pre-renewal meetings as required.
- Ensure the Relationship management process is adhered to with updates to Head of motor.
- Act as internal point of contact for internal partners such as Corporate insurance, and Finance etc.
- Manage Underwriting projects that support the Underwriting ‘Roadmap’ or for new product development.
- Update car tables monthly and carry out other system/rates testing, in line with current car table process.
- Carry out annual car table refresh activities and ensure car table process guide is up to date.
- Contribute to the Motor Underwriting Solvency II process, with requested data and updates.
- Investigate complaints regarding underwriting policy and drive improvement.
- Undertake analysis of competitor products and prices to provide accurate information for reporting purposes.
- Keep abreast of changes in the market, including competitors, distributors, legal and regulatory.
- Gathering MI information from internal and external sources to complete reports, with analysis of data and graphical input to the final pricing team papers and monthly management meetings.
- Managing and completing ad hoc project work for the motor underwriting department.
- Interpretation of budget data and maintenance of central budget spreadsheet for Head of Motor.
- Documenting the motor underwriting expenses for Head of Motor, and assisting in Cognos entries.
- Raising and managing purchase orders and logging invoice payments on behalf of Head of Motor.
- Corporate Insurance - Maintenance of data required and act as a point of contact for our broker and internal stakeholders, attend regular relationship meetings and assist in the renewal process.
Third Party Damage Specialist
esure are recruiting for a Third Party Damage Specialist. The individual will be responsible for dealing with all aspects of third party claims handling to prevent litigation in all cases relating to motor claims. They pursue uninsured losses for the customer and the AD costs by adhering to Company processes and procedures.
The Specialist’s role is primarily concerned with mitigating losses, negotiating and controlling costs, however they will also act as a referral point for Advisors.
Working closely with third parties, external organisations and agencies, eg insurance companies, solicitors, uninsured loss companies and credit hire organisations, the Specialist will provide the team with an internal audit function and will strive to control third party costs whilst achieving settlement deadlines and targeted productivity.
This role involves a high degree of influencing and negotiating with particular emphasis on conflict resolution.
The Specialist has a pivotal role to play in achieving a balance between the provision of a quality service, combined with the commercial focus required to ensure that the Company meets all targets.
The Specialist will pursue recoveries and uninsured losses where there is a dispute.
- Answer all incoming call enquiries in an efficient, expedient and customer focused way, ensuring that the customer receives a professional service at all times.
- Effectively persuade the third party to settle the claim in the most efficient way.
- Resolve complex complaints from customers.
Process and Systems:
- Handle and process TP claims up to £7,500 accurately and efficiently.
- Ensure the claim details are checked for possible fraud/Large Loss indicators.
- Convert third parties to use our network of repairers (or to settle in the most efficient way).
Processes and Systems:
- Ensure all third party claims are checked for possible personal injury claims expediently and efficiently.
- Keep third party hire costs to a minimum.
- Deal with day-to-day queries and referrals from Advisors.
- Diarise and chase the claim to ensure settlement is reached expediently.
- Process credit hire claims accurately and expediently.
Existing Claims Handling:
- Handle a range of calls from existing customers, third parties and their representatives.
- Provide updates on the status of claims.
- Handle and manage the individual caseload to achieve the settlement ratio.
We are can-do, supportive, straightforward and transparent. We are esure
esure is a UK based personal lines insurer. We employ around 2000 people across four offices and our brands alongside esure include Sheilas Wheels and Gocompare. This website tells you all you need to know about what its like to work at esure and what makes us and our culture special. You can find out more about which roles we have available and also hear from some of our people about working for us.Find out more