Welcome to esure, the best place to be for a great career.
Our mission is simple: We aim to make esure a great place to work for our people and provide the very best service to our customers.See all our jobs
Life at esure
Our customers really matter to us and doing a great job for them is what esure is all about. We believe happy, motivated employees will do the right thing for our customers so we go the extra mile to make esure a great place to work. We encourage people to be themselves and thrive on giving them the opportunity to make a difference everyday.
esure are recruiting for a Team Leader.
This individual will ensure targets set for their team, which are aligned to company goals and business requirements are achieved.
They will ensure that all revenue sources from the sale of core products and add on products are maximised.
In addition, they will also manage and motivate a team within the Operations area to ensure that targets are achieved and exceeded by focussing on the coaching and development of their team.
- To perform this role at the required level of competency as defined in the Company Competency Framework.
- Display the attitudes and behaviours as laid out in the Company Competency Framework.
- Take responsibility for planning, preparation and review of own performance. To consider personal development in line with business requirements and in conjunction with Line Manager.
- View change as an opportunity and communicate new ideas positively and effectively to the team.
- Support and enhance the performance for new products and ensure the company gets a good ROI.
- Ensure that all team operational targets are met and exceeded including sales of core products and add on products.
- Look’s for opportunities to maximise revenue through innovative sales techniques.
- Lead, motivate and develop the team to meet or exceed performance and quality targets by inspiring, coaching and encouraging the team.
- Ensure their team delivers high standards of customer service, product knowledge and quality across all brands and products at all times.
- Ensure that their team are technically competent. In addition to ensuring that their team’s product knowledge is of a high standard, they must also ensure that training bulletins are cascaded to their team and that their team understands the implications of the updates.
- Handle all agent queries, referrals and customer complaints effectively to ensure service excellence is maintained.
- Ensure their team operates in a professional manner in line with published procedures. For example, Standards within Operations, Acceptable Use of Technology policy, in line with HR policies and procedures.
- To ensure that team information is effectively collated and monitored.
- Communicate effectively with peers across all functions and departments in order to identify constraints, business needs and react positively to resolve and improve team and site performance.
- Carry out recruitment and selection processes, disciplinary and capability procedures when required, in conjunction with Line Manager and HR department.
- To support and input into Training and Project initiatives where required.
- Maintain up to date staff files.
- Identify and track the training needs of the team and implement resolutions including training, coaching, mentoring, staff development and staff appraisal.
- Adhering to esure HR policies and procedures.
- Through regular performance reviews (e.g. 121s, bi-annual appraisals, call accreditations and quality reviews). To ensure the timely identification of any issue and address issues of underperformance within the individual/team through use of Performance Improvement Plans and Conduct Improvement Plans with reference to line manager and HR procedures. Similarly, ensure that succession planning is in place for those individuals who have performed well over a given period.
- Appropriately encourage and support their team members to take responsibility for their own development by implementing and supporting the use of individual Personal Development Plans.
Technical and Quality Assurance
- Take responsibility for continuously improving own and team’s technical ability and knowledge and take corrective action where necessary. To include knowledge of the following:
- Best Practice Guide – Thorough knowledge of content, measured by knowledge test, with minimum pass rate of 90%.
- Call Accreditations – Excel in listening to calls, evaluating competency of agents and providing feedback on technical knowledge, soft skills and compliance with FCA rules and guidelines.
- Quality Checking – Able to ensure quality and integrity of data.
- Underwriting Rules – Have a thorough knowledge of underwriting rules with Local Underwriting Delegated Authority on completion of Local Underwriting Training.
- Products, Policies, Processes and Accounts.
- Fraud Prevention and Money Laundering rules.
- Data Protection Act – Knowledge of application of Act.
- Complaint Handling Procedure – The ability to deal with customer complaints and knowledge of company complaint’s procedure.
- Internal systems and applications (e.g. Outlook, TIA, Word, Excel etc), Management Information, Avaya and ULTRA systems.
Team Leader (12 month FTC)
esure are recruiting for a Team Leader to join the Operations department. This is a 12 month FTC.
This individual will be responsible for the following:
- To ensure targets set for their team, which are aligned to company goals and business requirements are achieved.
- Ensure that all revenue sources from the sale of core products and add on products are maximised.
- To manage and motivate a team within the Operations area to ensure that targets are achieved and exceeded by focussing on the coaching and development of their team.
Home Claims Specialist
esure are recruiting for a Home Claims Specialist to join our Manchester Home Claims Team.
The Home team deals with all aspects of claims for the esure and Sheilas’ Wheels Home products. They deal with first notification of a claim from the customer through to final settlement. All claims are registered onto our system and no claim form is required. The team will validate the claim at notification stage and instruct the appropriate supplier or negotiate a cash settlement.
Using effective communication skills, the Specialist provides an important point of referral for other Specialists on the Home Team, whilst ensuring the provision of a consistent and thorough approach to the handling of customers’ claims.
The Specialist’s role is primarily concerned with mitigating losses, negotiating and controlling costs to achieve agreed targets.
- Answer all incoming call enquiries in an efficient, expedient and customer focused way, ensuring that the customer receives a caring and professional service at all times.
- Ascertain relevant claim details and record them accurately to ensure the quality is to a high standard.
- Effectively persuade the customer to settle the claim in the most efficient way.
- To handle more complex complaints from customers paying attention to cost control.
- Ensure the claim is valid and is covered by the policy.
- Ensure the claim details are checked for possible fraud indicators.
- Convert policyholders to use our network of suppliers (or to settle in the most efficient way) explaining the benefits the customer will gain from using our suppliers. Effectively process and handle Home claims excluding large losses and subsidence.
- Deal with day-to-day queries and referrals from Home Claims Advisors.
- Diarise and proactively manage the claim to ensure that the claim is progressed proactively towards settlement and that you keep any promises made to the Customer
- Handle a range of calls from existing customers.
- Keep the Customer updated of the progress of their claim
- Answer calls within the service level stated to ensure the abandoned call rate is below the target set by the business.
- Ensure that we comply with the Data Protection Act when recording information and ensure the customer declaration is always completed.
- Deal with customer’s complaints in a sympathetic and professional manner, moving the complaint forward to a successful conclusion. Always work within FOS guidelines and service levels.
- Ask probing questions and be aware of fraud indicators, escalating any suspected fraudulent cases as appropriate.
- Achieve the minimum Quality management benchmark score on all calls/files reviewed.
- Resolve queries raised by Customers on existing claims ensuring that the claim is progressed towards settlement at every touch.
- Effectively resolve any expression of dissatisfaction raised by the Customer in a caring and pragmatic way
- Proactively handle specific types of Home claims up to the agreed limit, ensuring large losses, and subsidence claims are re-allocated to the appropriate team.
- Proactively manage your own caseload, where applicable, ensuring that the post/diary are within agreed service standards
- Provide coaching to support and Mentor Specialists in dealing with their queries and referrals in order to assist in their development.
- Handle all enquiries as if it were the first call of the day. Be caring and professional and courteous at all times.
We are can-do, supportive, straightforward and transparent. We are esure
esure is a UK based personal lines insurer. We employ around 2000 people across four offices and our brands alongside esure include Sheilas Wheels and Gocompare. This website tells you all you need to know about what its like to work at esure and what makes us and our culture special. You can find out more about which roles we have available and also hear from some of our people about working for us.Find out more